неделя, 14 юли 2013 г.

Post Tenebras, Lux

The conservative Presbyterian world finds herself embroiled in a nasty controversy over baptism. For the life of me, I can't understand why there is so much animosity directed against orthodox Calvinistic men who believe that the Sacraments of the church have been neglected in American Evangelical Protestantism and that a recovery of their importance will help nurse a sickly church back to health. The debate has been dismally disappointing. Into the darkness now comes some light. Rich Lusk has written a wonderful essay "Do I believe in Baptismal Regeneration?". He says things that I've been saying for decades. But whereas I have never been able (or willing) to put it all together in a comprehensive, readable article, Rich has done just this. It's a long essay, but it deserves a very careful reading. I'm actually hopeful enough to believe that anyone who reads Rich's essay with an open mind will be convinced. But then again, in the past I've been pretty naive in my hopefulness. As they say: no brains, no headaches.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар